Monday, February 13, 2012

Mind the Writer Mondays


Happy Monday! Or not so happy Monday depending on your view of things.
Over the weekend, I wrote a grand total of 400 words. Then, this morning as I worked on a different section of story, I deleted 300 words, thus leaving me with a net gain of 100 words. Which is not nearly enough, especially considering that's all I've written all week. I am in the process of writing the second draft of my novel, (You can read about said novel here) which is -- for me -- not as easy as the first draft.
To day, after re-reading a large portion of Revision & Self-Editing,(a book I would highly recommend) I have decided I need to re-write the first six chapters of my manuscript. This amounts to about 10,000 words and it's not something I'm looking forward to.
And by re-writing, I don't mean changing a few things here or there, I mean deleting what I have and starting over with a blank page.
On the bright side, I already finished Chapter 1, which is almost 2,000 words.
As far as publishing is concerned, I am almost done with my first query letter, which I will send to a few writing partners and probably post on here as well. Hopefully, the query will only get better from here!
Happy writing week, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope you get a publisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, exciting! I know of a little less then a few publishers if you're interested.

    I know what you mean about editing, I've been editing my book as I go along. Not fun.

    see ya tonight!

    P.S. I'm still dying for you to send me your book. take your time, though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.