But for some reason a lot of people don't follow common formatting practice.
So here are the common formatting rules that should be followed unless otherwise stated in the submission guide lines:
- Font should be black, point 12 Times New Romans aligned to the left. The only exceptions are chapter headings and the title, which should be aligned in the middle and may be larger then pt. 12.
- Lines should be double spaced. But there's a new rule about sentences, you only put one space at the start of a sentence.
- The first line of every paragraph should be indented.
- At the end of a chapter, don't press enter until you get to the beginning of the next page. Instead, press Control+Enter. This should take you to the start of a fresh page.
- There should be at least one inch margins around the all the page.
I hope you have a great Valentines Day!