Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What I'm Reading Wednesdays


So, what have I been reading in the past week? You've come to the right place to find out. Are you ready? Well here we go.
After by Amy Efaw was a heart-wrenching read about the mother of a dumpster baby. I'd never heard about these types of babies before, but I've always had an interest and a heart for unwanted children. This book really forces the reader to identify with the mother of these kids. It's something I'd never really thought about before. I would highly suggest this book to all girls and woman. Although this book does have some mature content and I wouldn't say it's appropriated for girls below the ages of fourteen.

I also re-read Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. This book can be intimidating in size, but it really is worth the time. The characters are very real and if I hadn't know it was a translation, I would never h
ave guessed. This book really inspires you to write. It's characters love books and range from a book collector to a book binder to an author. The villains in this book are soAdd Imageme of the best villains I've ever meet. If you haven't had a chance to read Inkheart yet, you should cheek it out.

The next book up is Unwind by Neal Shusterman. This book deals with a world after the second American Civil War which was fought between pro-life and pro-choice. At the end of the war, both sides agreed upon this: A child may not be aborted. However, if the parent no longer wants the child between the age of thirteen and eighteen, that child's body can be recycled for it's body parts through a process called unwinding. This book really challenged you to think and I would encourage highschoolers and older to read it.

As you can see, I haven't read many books this week, but that just means I got a lot of writing done. See you in a few days!

9 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm stopping by from the Fantasy group at the Writer's Campaign! Wow, that last book sounds extremely interesting. I'll be putting that on my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rebekah, Glad you swung by. And yeah, Unwind is my favorite book out of the three.
      ~Sarah F.

      Delete
  2. I will keep an eye out for them. Thanks for the recommendations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see I'm not the only one who re-read Inkheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Sarah. I just swung by from the 4th Writer's Platform Building Campaign, and tagged you with 11 questions to answer, if you would like.

    You will find my 11 questions for you on the blog post here - http://hunterswritings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from the campaign. I'm still working through my MG/YA group.
    I hoped you hadn't been tagged, but oh, well. Maybe you can still stop by and read my challenge, a prolog for my book. I'm number 148 on the list.

    I'm partway through Inkspell for the first time. It keeps getting pushed aside for indie books though. That last one sounds creepy, as in they kill the teens to recycle them? Urgh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. Unwind is a little creepy, but if you think about it, so is abortion. Like I said in the post, this book really makes you think about life issues, like when does a human body become a life worth saving.
      ~Sarah F.

      Delete
  6. That's more books than I've read....sometimes I wish I didn't have to sleep, so I could stay up reading all night long! I'm currently working on CHIME, by Franny Billingsley, which is wonderful so far. And I loved Inkheart when I was younger!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.