Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What I'm Reading Wednesdays

So, what am I reading this Wednesday?
First up: Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. I read this book after seeing a glowing review for the second book Wings of the Wicked. I'm normally not one for paranormal, ,but this book was really spiked my interest. The romance is so sweet and I love the back-story and flashbacks. I can't wait for my library to get a copy of the next book.

Then I read The Swan Kingdom by Zoë Marriott. This
book came out in 2008 and I've looked at it a few times, but I just now got around to reading it. When I cheeked it out, I was thinking it was a re-telling of Swan Lake, but it's actually the story of the girl who has to make flower clothes for her siblings who are trapped in the bodies of swans. I'd read this fairy tale in a book of tales, but I'd never read a longer version of it. I was pleasantlysurprised.

And yesterday I finished two books. The first was The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima. This is the second book in the Seven Realms series and so far there are three books books with the fourth expected in October. I've always loved mid-evil fantasy and this series is a great addition to that genre.

The other book I finished yesterday was The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I try to read books that hit New York Times Childrens Bestsellers and with this book, I'm sure glad I did. Before I go any further, I have to say, I don't cry when I read books. The last time a book made me cry was Half Brother, by Kenneth Oppel when I read it back in 2010. That being said, The Fault in Our Stars made me cry. A lot. This book opens in a young adult cancer support group and it is beautiful from start to finish.

So, what have you been reading? What's the best or worst book you've read in the past week? I'd love to hear about it!
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you've set your blog up! Thanks for the mini-reviews on what you're reading ... they sound great! Unfortunately, the book I'm reading right now is difficult to get through - but as a book reviewer, http:/bestauthorsread.blogspot.com I'm obligated to continue!
    So, I'm in your campaign group and I've tagged you on my blog! Stop by and visit and grab the questions I have for you! http://theresasmallsneed.blogspot.com ~Theresa Sneed, author of No Angel and its forthcoming prequel, From Heaven to Earth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm always looking for good medieval fantasies myself. I'll have to check out the Seven Realms series.

    Thanks from a fellow campaigner.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.