Monday, March 26, 2012

Mind the Writer Mondays

Is it really Monday already? Wow, it doesn't feel like it! I hope you all had a productive writing weekend. I guess you could call my weekend productive. So, what have I done this weekend?

1) Finished two book that were on my Goodreads to-be-read list. More about that on Wednesday.
2) Made a basket, went to church, baby-sat
3) Decided I needed to take a break from my WiP The Revellen (if you don't know what that is, click here), and
4) Wrote the first half of chapter of a new WiP!

Why did I decide to take a break from The Revellen? Mostly because I felt like I had the whole thing memorized. I knew there were problems with the plot and character development, but I was having a ton of trouble spotting them. So I chose to leave the story and try to get caught up in something else. Maybe when I come back to The Revellen, I'll have fresh eyes and be able to spot some of the problems.

In the mean time, I started a new series. It's called the Moonlit Altar series and the first book is Condemnation. Here's a peek about what it's about:
Nakeyda was the first born girl of the year and so, was selected at birth to be a pure sacrifice to her society's God on her fifteenth birthday. Now she is fourteen and she watches as her best friend -- who's exactly one year older -- willingly lays down her life.
With a year left to her life, Nakeyda begins to question her society and her destiny. She is only just coming to terms with her faith when she meets Refael. Rafael shows her how her life could have been if Nakeyda had been born a day earlier or a day later.

Think of sort of a dystopian Narnia story. And yes, I'm really excited about this book!

Be sure to check back here on Thursday, when we'll have our first author interview by J. Anderson Coats, the author of The Wicked and The Just.
How's your writing been this week? I'd love to hear about it.

4 comments:

  1. i love when i mark off books from my to-be-read list on goodreads. something so satisfying about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were planning on starting a new book! You're gonna have to tell me about it sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.