Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What I'm Reading Wednesdays

In the last three weeks, I've started a grand total of five books. Like I said in the last post, last week was about as hectic as I can get. If I hadn't been able to squeeze in a few books, I might just have gone crazy.

So, the first book I read was Chime by Franny Billingsley. It came out a little over a year ago, but my library has only had it a few months. If you haven't read this book yet, do! There is so much raw emotion and it grips your heart from the first chapter and never lets go. That's my favorite kind of story.

The next book I read was
Maximum Ride: The Angle Experiment by
James Patterson. I must admit, I wasn't super stoked to read this. I sampled one of Mr. Patterson's Witch/Wizard books and didn't like it much, but Maximum Ride is a whole other ball game. I am very excited that this book is only the first in a long series.

And then I re-read The Son of Neptune, book 2 in the Heroes of
Olympus by Rick Riordan. The down side of re-reading books in an un-finished series is that you remember how much you really can't wait
for the next book to come out. October seems way too long to wait for The Mark of Athena, the next book in this series.

And I'm currently reading The Project, by Brian Falkner. I first read this sci-fi writer last summer, when he came out with Brain Jack. Almost as soon as I finished it, this book catapulted to the top ten of my favorite books. I then hurried to read his first book published in the US, The Tomorrow Code. This book was another great sci-fi. The Project so far, seems a little more on the thriller side of things then the sci-fi side, but I'm only 100 pages into it.

And I'm also still listening to Maximum Ride: School's Out Forever, the second Maximum Ride book. I'm listening to this on a very old cassette tape and although the sound quality is very bad, the material quality more then makes up for it. Avian American kids, evil genetic scientists and mysterious voices inside your head. What's not to love?

I also spent some time on Amazon yesterday and of course saw all the book I can't wait to read that don't come out until forever. The five most anticipated?

5. The Crimson Crown (A Seven Realms Novel) by Cinda Williams Chima
4. Mark of Athena by Rick Roirdan
3. The Invaders (Brother Band Chronicles bk 2) by John Flanagan
2. The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl book 8) by Eoin Colfer
1. Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter (okay, so this is already out, but my library won't have it for another few weeks)

What about you? What have you been reading and what book can you just not wait to be published?

6 comments:

  1. i can't wait for divergent for veronica roth - the last book i had to wait for was harry potter, so it's been awhile ;)

    good luck with that reading list. there's something so fun about reading more than one book at at time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about reading more then one book at a time!
      As you can see by the side bar, I can't wait for the next book by Veronica Roth either! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't read more than one book (except non-fiction) at a time, that's my wish for today, to be able to...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't used to be able to either, but now I have so many books I want to read that sometimes I can't help myself. Usually, I'm reading one book that I put on hold at the library, one I just picked up, one for school, one nonfiction, and at least one audio book. And then whatever I'm critiquing at the moment.
      ~Sarah F.

      Delete
  3. I am currently reading Heist Society by Ally Carter and Emma by Jane Austin. I'm also wanting to start the Redwall series. Nothing new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heist Society is one of my favorite books!! I just finished the newest book in Ally Carter's other YA series and I liked it. Emma is my favorite Austin and I thought Redwall was alright.
    ~Sarah F.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.