Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What I'm Reading Wednesdays

Can you believe the week is almost half way over? Wow. I've been writing a lot lately, so I haven't read as many books as I normally do. However, I'm still on track to read 150 books this year. That's twenty more then I read last year, and I'm really hoping to make the goal.
The first book I read this week was Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson. I simply loved that title, and the book was just as good. I think it's my favorite one in the Max series yet, but I can't wait to get the next book. All in all, if you haven't read the Maximum Ride books yet, put them on your Goodreads To-Read list and get to it!

And then, over the weekend I read . . . wait for it . . . Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter! I was shocked at how fast our library got this book, but I had it on hold so I got the book Saturday at noon and finished it by eight. Honestly, I didn't like this book as much as others in the series. I felt like there weren't enough sub-plots to propel it. That being said, I would still highly recommend this series to any and every girl over the age of fourteen!

When I went to the library on Saturday, I had another book waiting for me. Is was a book I spotlighted a few weeks ago: Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen. This book didn't disappoint my hopes for it at all! It's a wonderful re-telling of the classic Robin Hood story. I love almost all books set England, and this was no exception. Scarlet has been out for about a month and a half, and if you haven't read it yet, do!

Like I said, I haven't read a ton of books, but I'm in the middle of two that I'll talk about next week. What about you? What books have you read this week and what did you think of them?

1 comment:

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.