Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What I'm Reading Wednesday

First of all, I want to remind you that the Ten Teen Page Entries are due tomorrow by Midnight.  I will send a confirmation e-mail when I receive your e-mail, so if you sent in an entry and haven't heard from me, then I didn't get your e-mail.  For the rest of the contest rules, click here.

And now onto the books.  There are a whole slew of them today, so I hope you're ready!

First up, Fang the 6th Maximum Ride book be James Patterson.  This one I just gotta say, this one is my favorite Max book so far.  Like a lot of long series, these books can get a little repetitive but Fang set up the next book to be a whole new experience.  I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Then I switched gears a little bit and read Wherever You Go by Heather Davis.  This book is about a girl and a boy. . . and a ghost.  It was a really sweet read.   The romance is good (Of course it has to be a romance.)  But it has a twist because that ghost I mentioned?  He's was the girl's boyfriend and the boy's best friend.  Sweet and soft book.

And then I switched back into thriller mode  for Outlaw by Stephen Davies.  This book reminded me a lot of Alex Rider, but with less spying and more awesome hard teens.  And terrorists.  Friendly terrorists.  And Stockholm Syndrome.  In a good way.  Yeah, it's that amazing!  This book is set in Africa and the author is a missionary there, so the setting really came alive.  Read it.

Then I switched back into the more paranormal feel with Fracture by debut author Megan Miranda.  This book follows the story of Delaney.  She falls through the ice on a lake in Maine and doesn't come up for eleven minutes.  The doctors say she will be in a coma for the rest of her life.  She wakes up six days later.  This book was a mix between Meg Cabot's Abandon and If I Stay by Gail Forman.  I liked this book as much as I liked those.  A lot.

And then I flounced over to mid-evil science fiction when I read The False Prince by Jennifer A. Neilsen.  I started this book at 9:00 pm and finished it at 12:00 am.  It was a really good book and a great addition to this genre.  I saw the big twist coming, but that might be because I write in this genre.  This book came out at the beginning of April and if you haven't read it yet, I would recommend it.


There are a few more, but I'm going to stop after this one.  Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver!  I was so excited when I got this book from the library.  I read it in a day.  Have you noticed I do that a lot?  Yeah, all the time.  This book wasn't as great as the first one in my opinion, but it was still good.  And there was a twist on the last page that left me desperate for the next book.  If you haven't read these books yet, you don't know what you're missing.

And that wraps it up for today.  Don't forget to enter Teen Ten Page.  Also, tons of books came out yesterday. Including The Invaders by John Flanagan, and Insurgent by Veronica Roth.  I'm excited for them!

1 comment:

  1. Fracture sounds very intriguing--I might look into reading that one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.