Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What I'm reading Wednesday

Yeah!  It's Wednesday and long past time for me to do another post.  I've been skimping so far this summer, but I think I'm just about set on a new schedule.  Anyway, along with skimping on my blog posting, I've been skimping on my reading.  Like I said, summers tend to do that to me.

So here are the pitifully few books I've read in the past three weeks.

First, I re-read Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen.   I think I've mentioned this before, but THIS IS MY FAVORITE Sarah Dessen book.  It's good.  Like. A. Lot!  You should.  Beaches and bowling and boys.  Not that hard of a book to fall in love with.

Then I picked up Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon.  It was just while writing this that I figured out that this is the third book in the series and not the second like I thought the whole time I was reading it.  Honestly if I  when I become the author of a best selling series I will be sure to put the number  in the series in large print on the cover, spine and inside the front page.  But other then that, the book was good and I really couldn't tell I'd skipped a whole 300 pages of the series.

And then I read (okay, listened to) Animal Farm by George Orwell.  yes.  Yes.  YES!  This book was a required reading that I understood.  I'm not saying this book is a fast paced page turner or a book that will make you burn the midnight oil.  I'm just saying this is a book that deserves to be read by every high school kid in the history of America and probably a lot of other countries too.  This book deals with important issues and shows just how easy it is to be corrupted and then to corrupt.  If you haven't read it.  Do it now.

And then I listened to the full 17 hours that is Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince audio book.  (I'm guessing you already know who the author is.)  This book, the 6th, is and I think always will be my favorite.  It's good.  Like deserves seventeen hours of my time any day of the week good!  I know Harry Potter can be a touchy spot for some people, but I personally don't think the idea of magic in and of itself is sinful.  Maybe I'll post about it sometime.

And then, most recently, I finished the The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg.  My favorite part of this book was the cover.  That's not a good thing.  I think the idea of a of a dead YA protagonist was good.  About 12 Young Adult books ago.  But right now, not so much.  I didn't really enjoy this book and almost didn't finish it.  There are much better YA books about dead characters and how others react to their death.  Such as Wherever You Go.  Also, I try very hard not to read books with homosexual characters.

So, that wraps up my books for this week.  I'm away from a computer until Friday and this post and the next one are a result of Blogger Scheduling.  And just so you know, we're having and author interview tomorrow with one of my favorite MG fantasy writers.  Don't miss it!

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I tend to lag on things over the summer too!
    I can't stand audio books :P I just refuse! But I am interested in reading some of these books that you mentioned. lol ^.^

    Nice post! I love the Harry potter series. I think my favorite was the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.