Monday, September 10, 2012

Mind the Writer Monday: Guest Post

Okay, so it's Monday.  Last week we (at least those of us in the Sates) had a break for the usual Monday, but it's back again today, like your least favorite song on your playlist.  HOWEVER, to brighten your day I have a guest post from The Book Critic!


Hello everyone at Inklined!
I would tell you my name, but I’m afraid I don’t really work like that. For now, you can call me The Book Critic, and we can still be very good friends despite me being mysterious and secretive.
I’m nothing that special – just a fifteen year old girl trying to get through high school and at the same time write a blog which not only encourages young adults to read but helps with their confidence too. In return for you not knowing my name, I try to share as many personal experiences that I can and post pretty much every day.
Some of you may be familiar with my writing, but if not I will explain the kind of things I write about:


  • BOOKS. Despite my pen name, I don’t criticize them to the point where you will never want to buy another paper-back again! I mostly just provide a personal synopsis of a book, tell my readers what I like about it and then suggest it for anyone who has read another particular (and perhaps more popular) book. The only thing I look out for is whether the book is suitable for a young adult audience or not.



  • CONFIDENCE. Being a teen myself, I often take a look at people around me and ask myself ‘why are they viewing themselves so negatively?’ and believe me I have been known in the past to take one look at myself and burst into tears. However, I realized that it wasn’t right for me to feel that way, and now I try to get teens feeling more confident and happy in general.



  • AUTHORS. I do author interviews and talk to them about their new releases, books they like and the advice they would give to any aspiring author.


If you ever decide to stop by the blog, I would be more than happy to spam you with Big Bang Theory pictures and 90’s songs. In terms of my professional writing, my blog is pretty much my life now. Although I have got an idea for a novel (a joint project with one of my friends) I don’t feel like I want that to be my first proper published book. There is another idea I am brewing over and I feel much more passionate about that one, but it is on hold for now while I decide where I’m going after year 11 and what I want to do between writing the books.
If you thought that was everything about me – think again. There is so much more I want to share with you all and it would be an honour if you could join me at http://bookfangirling.blogspot.com which has helped me to get into the world of writing more than I would have ever imagined!
Thank you so much for having me on your blog Sarah! I look forward to talking to you all and knowing what you think about my blog.
The Book Critic x

Thanks for being here!  Hey everyone, don't forget about the Teen Ten Page Contest!  It closes on Thursday at 11:59 EDT, also, today is the last day to get signed up for the Go Teen Writers 100 for 100 contest!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! This was almost three years ago. How time flies! It is lovely to see this post after so long :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.