Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Teen Ten Page Contest!


So, I'm a bit behind on this contest, but I hope you won't mind!  The Teen Ten Page Contest will open for entries tonight at midnight EDT.

Every four months and every time the blog gets to a fifty follower increment (like 50, 100, 350, 1750, ect.)
If we get two more followers, we'll have another contest!  (Following is a great idea)

I'll host this contest.  So to enter your150 words you can e-mail me at sarah(dot)y(dot)faulkner(at)gamil.com.  Then, me and my friend Hannah, a fellow teen blogger over at Candy Apple Books, will judge the entries and pick two winners.

These winners will get a ten page critique by a third party teen, who will change each contest.  The two winning entries for this contest will be critiqued by  Emily Rachelle, the winner of the last Teen Ten Page.
You interested?  The contest opens September 6th as midnight!

I know, I can't wait either.

Rules:

  • Each person may only submit one entry.
  • If you submit more then one entry per contest, you will be disqualified.
  • If you submit and you have a blog, you need to post about the challenge on your blog or grab the button for your site and never have to bother with posting(unless you want to, of course).  If you do have a blog, put the post link in your e-mail with your entry.
  • Your entry consists of your name, your e-mail address and the 150 words  of your YA novel or short story.
The purpose of this contest is to have your work viewed and judged by teens.  Can may be any age to participate.


Here's an example of an entry.

Subject:  Teen Ten Page Entry

Dear Sarah,
Below is my entry for the Teen Ten Page you're hosting on Inklined.  Also, here's the link the the blog post where I talked about this challenge www.booklitandstuff.exampleland.com/teen_ten_page.html. 
Thanks!
~Jane Dough
janedough88@exampleland.com

(Insert entry here)

Please don't stop your entry in the middle of a   Because that's just plain annoying in every

The contest closes 11:59 PM EDT on October 4.  I always send a confirmation e-mail, so if you don't here back from me in 36 hours, go ahead and re-e-mail me.  If you don't here from me after that, assume I dropped off the face of the planet or am stuck in a black hole somewhere.  Then try e-mailing Hannah.

You know you want to enter.  If I get ten people to enter, and those people would like to have their blog address on Inklined, I'll put up a Teen Ten Page particapant tab at the top of the blog and your blog address will be placed there.

Yes, you do want to do this.
Have a great Wednesday!  And don't forget to vote for the Teens' Top Ten Books.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... I'll consider doing this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'll probably enter! The deadline's been extended?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.