Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What I'm Reading Wednesday

I haven't done a What I'm Reading Wednesday since June!  Needless to say, I've read a lot of books since then.  But we'll just cover four for today.

First up, Insurgent by Veronica Roth!  This book has been on my to-reads list since Divergent, the first book in the series, was published.  There were somethings I had a hard time following with this book.  Perhaps that was because I read Divergent when it first came out and haven't touched it since.  There were some characters and subplots I'd forgotten about completely.  I think I would have liked the whole book a lot more if I'd re-read Divergent before diving into the sequel.  But although I'd forgotten characters, I still liked this book a lot.


Then I picked up Zelah Green by Vanessa Curtis.  This book is about Zelah, a girl who become obsessive compulsive after her mother's death.  This book talked about some pretty personal subjects for me and I'm really glad I read it.


After that, I switched gears into Legacy by Molly Cochran.  This book is a supernatural modern fantasy.  I found the plot and characters really enjoyable.   It left me with a neutral feeling.  I didn't dislike it, but I wasn't on my seat edge waiting for more.  There was a lot of suggestive material that I didn't care for, but other then that, I liked the romance.  This book didn't leave me with enough to want to read the next one.


Then I picked up Terrier by Tamora Price.  Being the YA fantasy lover that I am, it took me a very long time to get around to these books.  I now wish I had read these books sooner.  I really liked this book.  It was fairly clean (that's a big thing for me.)  It was action packed and suspenseful.  If you haven't sampled this series yet, even if you didn't love all of Tamora's other books, you should check out Terrier.

Don't forget to enter the Teens Ten Page contest!  It closes tomorrow.  See you later (possibly on Saturday.)
Oh, also we got 50 followers for a brief time yesterday, but when I got online this morning we'd lost a follower, dropping it back down to 49.  It would make my day to get back up to 50.




1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to start on Insurgent, I loved Divergent so much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.