Wednesday, December 19, 2012

In 2013, I Will

If you follow Nick Hight's wonderful blog, Writing Fire, you will have seen his video titled In 2013, I Will.  For those of you who missed it, I've put it below.
Now, I don't have the experience or the equipment or the software (from some jokes I've seen on the internet, Windows Movie Maker  doesn't cut it) to do a vlog.  I would one day like to learn how, because I think it is a useful skill, but until then, you'll have to make do with Nick's vlog and my goals.


In 2013, I Will:

Finish two novels
Take part in the Go Teen Writers 100 for 100 contest and complete this time
Write at least 2K a week
Take part in a NaNoWriMo
Reach 75 blog followers
Reach at least 200 Blog posts (this would make number 93)
Read at least 2 writing books
Learn to drive
Meet faithfully with my mentor
Learn how to become a mentor
Mentor someone else
Purposefully work on my relationship with my younger brothers
Work more on school
Take the PSAT for real
Pratice for the SAT
Work on essay writing skills
Read 100 books
Purposefully build strong relationships with other girls in my community
Exercise regularly (as in four times a week)
Get back into the habit of reading my bible every day
Grow in my relationship with God and draw others toward him
Become a leader in my youth group
Practice piano every day
Find/make more time for being with and hanging out with people
Memorize at least 52 verses
Critique someone else's novel and get mine critiqued
Finish (completely) my first novel
Send out query letters to agents
Keep my room much more clean then it currently is
Take steps to become a disciple of Christ




Yeah, long list, I know.  And it's not like I didn't do anything this year.  I did.  
There are some things I did that I'm not proud of, but there are some things that I'm very glad I did in 2012, including:

Starting a blog
Finding a wonderful christian mentor
Winning NaNoWriMo
Playing with my little brothers WAY more then I used to
Organizing a 4-H meeting
Being in a play
I read 105 books
Going on a mission trip
Going to church camp
Leading a bible study
Going to a collage prep camp at a very good collage
Learning how to have a really wonderful quite time
Losing a little weight
Began regularly attending youth group
Redesigned my blog
Greatly improved my graphic design skills
Learning how to beat my little brothers in Super Smash Brothers Brawl (okay, I can't beat both of them together yet, but I'm working on it.)
Wrote 70,000 words (so what if 50,000 of them were for NaNo?)


But, like I said, there are some thing I'm not very proud of:

I didn't finish any novels
I didn't read my Bible as much as I should have
I didn't make my goal of 125 books for 2012
I didn't keep my room remotely clean
I wasted a lot of time on Facebook looking at pictures and meme that really just wasted time
I didn't get to my goal of 75 blog followers by the end of 2012.
I didn't exercise as much or eat as healthy as I should have
I wasted a lot of timed doing things that don't really matter

So there you go.  What I did and did not accomplish in 2012 and what I hope to accomplish in 2013.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!

    Your list for 2013 looks great. I'm sure it's going to be a very good year for you - writing, blogging, reading, following Christ. What more could a person want!

    I read somewhere once that time is the thing we all want most but spend the worst. I have the same problem of spending too much time looking at memes and cute pictures of cats when they really don't matter.

    It's great that you did so many awesome things though! Going on a missions trip, finding a mentor - sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a very good year, but a lot of it has been oriented on doing things, not connecting with people, and that's something I hope to fix in the next year. :) Thanks for commenting and your video was inspirational!
      ~Sarah Faulkner

      Delete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.