Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Liebster Award!

A huge thank you to Jake over at Jake's Writing Adventure for nominating me for the Liebster Award!  I'll be honest, I've had my eye on this award for a little while now.  So you can guess that I'm pretty ecstatic to do this post.


The Liebster award is where Bloggers nominate other bloggers they like with 200 followers or less. Any type of blog can be nominated. It's a way to get to know new bloggers and to network with them. Here's how it works:

1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you left.
3. Ask 11 new questions for those who you nominate.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.  (I didn't realize this rule until after I wrote the above intro.)

So, I guess the next thing is 11 facts about myself:
1. My favorite color (blue) does not appear in my blog background.
2. My favorite book of the Bible is Romans.
3. I have now been blogging for more than one year.
4. I am making Fro-Yo as I'm writing this.  :)
5. I'm playing the part of Lydia Bennett in my local homeschool drama troupe.
6. I follow 73 blogs, but only actively read about 30 of them.
7. I'm currently considering majoring in Pre-Law, Political Science, Criminal Law, Social Work, or something like that.
8. I'm really ready for my Fro-Yo to be ready.
9. I've written a lot more this week then I have since November and NaNoWriMo.
10. It's foggy here, and the horses are really looking beautiful.
11. I have piano lessons tomorrow that I'm not looking forward to.

Alright now for my 11 questions:

1. What's your favorite thing to do in your free time?
Facebooking, Youtubeing, Reading, Writing.  I guess I don't really have one.
2. Favorite desert?
Do I really have to tell you?  Fro-Yo!
3. Give two or three adjectives that best describe you.
Uhm. . . loud, sarcastic, um . . . yeah, we'll go with those.
4. Do you have a role model? Who?
My older sister, K, really had a big influence on me in a lot of ways, from the way I approach being a big sister to the way I read my Bible.
5. Favorite music genre?
Christian Chic Rock
6. If you could have one superpower what would it be?
I think I would either have super reading speed or be able to speak and understand all forms of communication  from Madrin to ASL.
7. Do you like working alone or with others?
As  homeschooler, I mostly have to work alone out of practicality, so I don't have a ton of experience working with others on like a school project, but of course there are some things you have to do with others, such as drama and choir, and I love both of those.
8. Do you prefer starting tasks or finishing them?
I think is depends on the project, but I guess starting projects.
9. If you were a (hopefully nice) dictator what would be the first thing you'd do?
If it was in America, I would abolish abortion.
10. Cats or dogs?
Cats.  I would only want a smart dog and they take a lot of time and energy, where as cats will sit next to you as you read a book and never bark as squirrels.   
11. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because I'd read about building a platform for yourself before you even approach an agent or publisher.  But that's not why I've continued it.  I keep blogging because I think it's good for your writing, your accountability, and I just plain love all my readers!

1. If you could go to one concert for free, who would you see?
2. If jelly stopped existing, how would you make a PB&J with something else as the J?
3. If you could go any one place, where would you go?
4. What, if any, channels are you subscribed to on Youtube?
5. Chemistry or Physics?
6. Do you play in instrument?  If so, what?
7. What's your favorite breakfast cereal?
8. How do you like your eggs cooked?  (If you're a vegetarian, how do you like your tofu cooked?)
9. Do you listen to music while you blog?
10. What was the title of your first blog post?
11. Why did you start blogging?  (Stolen, I know.  But it's a great question.)

I hereby nominate: (this list is in alphabetical order)
1. Sienna North at A Christian Fantasy Blog: Of Faerie & Faith
2. Hannah at Candy Apple Books
3. Emily Rachelle at Emily Rachelle Writes
4. Caroline at Every Manuscript: A Teen Writer's Blog
5. Sarah Holman at Homeschool Authors
6. Molly and Abby at Odds and Ends Twins
7. Gillian Adams at Of Battles, Dragons, and Swords of Adamant
8. Victoria Grace at Stori Tori's Blog
9. Chauncea at Stuck in my Head
10. The Book Critic at Book Fangirling
11. Katelyn Shear at The Life of a Teenage Writer

I think that's it.  See ya!

6 comments:

  1. cool! Sounds like you had fun answering these.

    ~Bethany B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ever so much for awarding me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the award, Sarah! Since I don't post these lists on my own blog (as a general rule), I'll go ahead and answer them here :)

    1. If you could go to one concert for free, who would you see?
    Adele!

    2. If jelly stopped existing, how would you make a PB&J with something else as the J?
    Honey rather than jam

    3. If you could go any one place, where would you go?
    New Zealand to check out the Hobbit filming!

    4. What, if any, channels are you subscribed to on Youtube?
    All of them?! Let's see, What Not to Wear on TLC's channel, Ellen, How it Should Have Ended...okay, my memory's not that great, so that's it for now.

    5. Chemistry or Physics?
    Hmm. I liked both about equally, I suppose.

    6. Do you play an instrument? If so, what?
    Guitar and piano. I picked up guitar last summer and I totally love it. Piano's lovely too.

    7. What's your favorite breakfast cereal?
    I don't actually really like cereal. But maybe honey bunches of oats?

    8. How do you like your eggs cooked? (If you're a vegetarian, how do you like your tofu cooked?)
    I'm vegetarian, but I do eat eggs, and I like them as an omelette :) . And I love my tofu scrambled with a bunch of herbs and seasonings.

    9. Do you listen to music while you blog?
    Sometimes. It really depends on my mood.

    10. What was the title of your first blog post?
    {Faerie}. It had a bunch of pretty pictures and quotes from Tolkien on Faerie-stories.

    11. Why did you start blogging? (Stolen, I know. But it's a great question.)
    I started in, let me see... April 2011. But I didn't publish my blog until June 2011. I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

    Thanks again for the award, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.