Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I'm Reading Wednesday

Hey everyone!  How's it going?  Today, I felt like posting but couldn't think of a topic.  Then I realized that it's Wednesday and I haven't done a What I'm Reading Wednesday in AGES!  So, here it is!

We'll kick off with Soulbound by Heather Brewer.  If you're an observant type of person, you might realize this is one of the books that made my 12 of 2012 list.  And you'd be right.  I read Soulbound in October, but I'm pretty sure I haven't done a post about it yet.  If I have, please forgive and but feel free to let me know in the comment section.  Anywho, Soulbound was a really superb fantasy and I can't wait for the next book to be released in August.

Then I read Underworld, the second book in the Abandon trilogy by Meg Cabot.  Man.  It seams to me that Meg Cabot does a fantastic job with any genre she sets her hand to.  What do you think?  There were some more mature content then the first book, which I didn't really care for, but if it had to be done, Cabot did it skillfully.

After that, we've got Fallen by Lauren Kate.  This is another paranormal novel that I quite enjoyed.  I've since read the two books in the series after Fallen.  If you don't mind some stretching of biblical history, this book is a wonderful read.  There is some heated romance, but nothing too bad, as far as I can remember.

Up next is the Vindico by Wesley King.  This is a super hero form comic book.  It's pretty decent.  If you're looking for long-ish super hero books to read to a younger sibling or child, especially a boy, Vindico would be a good choice!  Hope you enjoy it.

Then I read The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan.  I was in middle school for The Lightning Thief and the whole Percy Jackson series, and that's still the age group Riordan is writing for.  As someone who has sort of outgrown that stage, I'd love to see Rirodan write a few books for the older YA age group.  That being said, I did love The Mark!  It hold very true to the world of Percy Jackson and I'm very anxious for the next book to come out.

So yeah!  That catches us up to November 17th.  Only about two months more to catch up to now.  Have a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.