Monday, February 11, 2013

In Which I am Very Confudled

Hey guys!
So, I'm currently listening to the Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare.  And re-reading part of this series made me think of the other series by Ms. Clare, The Mortal Instruments.  Now, I know that the Clockwork Princess is coming out sometime this year, which makes me think of when the next Mortal Instruments books comes out.
I go to Goodreads and find the Mortal Instruments series and look for the next book after the one I remember last reading, City of Fallen Angels.  Lo and behold, I  realize that City of Lost Souls has been out for more then six months.  But that's not the crazy part.  The crazy part is that on Goodreads, I've marked it as "Read."  This is very confusing for me, as I had no memories reading this 500-some page book.  But then I remember a scene.  Just one scene in which Jace gets in a fight with Sebastian in a house that is hidden by some sort of spell.  And that is the only memory this half-thousand page tome left me with.  One scene.  So I'm thinking maybe I just read that scene on a FanFic website, mistook Lost Souls for Fallen Angels (which I hadn't marked as Read on Goodreads.) But then I come over to Inklined and search for City of Lost Souls, and find a post saying I read it.  This is what I (apparently) wrote after reading a book I don't remember reading:
This Mortal Interment book made me cry.  I've talked about how hard it is for a book to make me cry before.  The relationship between Claire and Jace was just as tangled as ever but when you bring in Sebastian, there is no end to the craziness.  No end.  So yes, this book was a great addition to the series and I can't wait for the next one!

So, not only have I read the book!  But it made me cry.  One would think that they would remember 500 pages that made one cry.
But nope.  I don't. So I'm going to try reading it again and see if it brings back any other memories.
If you find this as funny as I do, comment and let me know.

8 comments:

  1. haha oh my gosh I know! I read books all the time and then a month later I can't remember any of it. It's so sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, I think it might be because I read them so fast. I'll sit and read a book in three hours. Thanks for stopping by!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  2. That's happened to me before too. I got a book from the library this summer and it seemed vaguely familiar. I was a couple hundred pages in before I realized I had read it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just the weirdest feeling> Thanks for stopping by!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  3. Haha, oh I can see how you were confused over this Sarah! Hope the memories vividly flow back in once you re-read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the hope. Thanks for reading!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  4. I think I've done this before too. I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't read anything in this series yet. I'd love to read it in audio version. I'll have to see if my library has it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassandra Clare is a must read for YA readers, especially if you're in to paranormal/steampunk. I love audio books, but be warned, all of Clare's work is very long.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      ~Sarah

      Delete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.