Sunday, March 31, 2013

Goals Update and Camp NaNoWriMo


Hey!  So at the beginning of March I posted about my writing goals for the the rest of the year.  My goal for March was to finish my novel Revellent.  And now, 31 days later, I have some news.  I have reached 75,000 words in my manuscript!  My first book was only 56K, so I'm pretty excited to have reached 75K.  It's kind of a big mile stone for me.
I honestly thought at the beginning of March that I only had 10,000 words left, but after writing 13K this month, I've realized I have about 5K to go, so that's what I'm going to use for my first 5K of Camp NaNoWriMo.
In other news, I've decided to do Camp NaNoWriMo!  I'm for sure doing it in April and I might do it again in July, but we'll have to wait and see about that.  I'm going to write My Ackilly is Killing Me for Camp NaNoWriMo and I hope to write at least 25K, which is my starting goal.  If, after say 20K, I realize I'm only half way through the story I'll up my goal to 40K of whatever I need it to me.
I'm very excited to finished Revellent and start on Ackilly.  If I'm very lucky, I might finish or at least almost finish Revellent today.  Climax scenes always seem to write themselves faster then any other part of a novel.  I can't wait to finish my second full length novel!
So this is how my goal list looks after a month of working on it:
April 1st--Finish Revellent (about 10K to go) (Seriously, it's so close to being done that you can almost count it as finished.)
May 1st--Finish My Ackilly is Killing Me! (about 25K)
June 15th--Finished edits on The Revellen (a lot of work)
June 30th--Self-Pub My Ackilly is Killing Me! as a gift for my little brothers.
July 15th--Send out queries for The Revellen
October 1st--Finish first draft of The Other Side of the Glass--(55K)
November 1st--Finished Edits on Revellent
December 1st--Win NaNoWriMo with Condemnation (50K)
January 1st--Set new goals

Thanks!  Are you doing Camp NaNo, too?  If so, let me know your wordcount goals, usernames, and such in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.