Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo

Sometime last night, I was typing away it my WiP.  I think I've told you all a little bit about it, but here's the info according to my Camp NaNoWriMo page:


Kyro, a space cadet and son of the star fleet commander, is at the top of his class with only one year of training left.  He's ready to get his year of apprenticeship under his belt and move on with his career.
Kyro thinks he's ready for anything, until he meets his mentor, the only female lieutenant in the whole fleet.  Her unorthodox methods and lack of regard for regulations throw the stiff jointed cadet into a tail spin.
My Ackilly is Killing Me! is a children's novella geared toward boys in grades 3 through 6.

So anyway, I was typing and I knew I was close to my Camp NaNoWriMo goal of 30K.  Like a few hundred words close.  And then . . .
Yep!  I won Camp NaNoWriMo last night!  My current WiP, My Ackilly is Killing Me, isn't quite done, but I have added more then 7K during the month of April.

On a side note, Lilly (who blogs here) and I are cooking up a pretty awesome event for you all (if you are younger then 21 and have a finished fist draft of a novel.)  It will take place in August and September.  If you want in on some more details before we get all set up (which will hopefully happen later this summer)  you can visit this Facebook group.  I'm one of the Admins, so if I recognize you, I'll be sure to add you.  

That's all I have for now.  How's you writing going?  Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. very excited for nanocritmo :) And congratulations!!! That story sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! I just sent a request to join the group. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.