Friday, April 19, 2013

NaNoWriMo Week 3

Howdy from the land of lot of words!  Aka Camp NaNoWriMo.

I had what might be the greatest moment of an unpublished writer's career.  This:
That's right!  On Wednesday I finished the first draft of a novel.  Pardon me whilst I go scream in joy. 
(*EEEPP!*)  Okay, I'm back.  So yes.  I have finished the first draft of my second novel.  It's complete at 98K.  I would really like it to be less then 70K.  The plan is to move some scenes from this novel to my first novel in the series and see if that helps balance them.  I would really like for them to be within 10K of each other.  And the first book in the series is about 56K.  However, there is at least one character and one sub-plot that needs to be cut, so hopefully we'll be fine.

Now, I know what you might be thinking.  "But Sarah, you're only two thirds of the way through Camp NaNoWriMo.  Did you reach your goal or what?"

To that, I will say that "No, I didn't reach my word goal."  Fortunately, for me, I've hand another project on the back burner for a while and it's now time to make that project the focus of my writing attentions.  It's a Sci Fi Star Trek style.  I'm hoping it will be about 35K.  Right now it's at 8K, so I have a ways to go.  But if I write a little over a thousand words a day for the rest of April, I'll be well on my way to finishing it.  So, no rest of the weary just yet.

I will also be well on my way to me new and improved monthly goal of 35K.  I know. It keeps getting higher.  The thing is, I wrote so much on my last week with the novel I just finished (over 11K), that it was only going to be about 500 words a day to meet my goal.  Sticking with the 1K a day will push me harder, which is why I decided to do it.

Alright, that's it for now.

Keep on writing!

2 comments:

  1. You've done well, pat yourself on the back then go write some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 98K? Woah that's amazing well done! and good luck on the rest of the NaNoWriMo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.