Monday, June 10, 2013

200K

Maybe you've heard, or maybe you haven't, but there's a quote about writing.  After some digging, I still haven't found an author to attribute it to or the actual quote; but it goes something like this:

You must write one million words of (yuckyness) before you can write well.

While I know this isn't exactly true, this quote has always sort of stuck out to me.  Every time I feel like quitting, every time I'm ready stop writing a story and do normal people things like homework, I remember this quote.  Of course I'm not very good yet.  I've only written 20 thousand words or 50, or 75.  But if you count short stories, started but not finished novels, my current work in progress, and my two completed novels, I'm at 200 thousand words now.  I'm 20% of the way there!  For me, this is very exciting.  Like, so exciting that it makes me want to write 50 more thousand right now and bring it up to an even 1/4.

Also, if you're in need of some inspiration, here's an awesome Youtube song!  I'm a big fan of this song right now.  I've listened to it over and over.  I thought some of you might like it too!  Unfortunately, blogger decided to be stupid and not let me embed the video on my blog, so here's a link to the video.

Have a great writing week!


2 comments:

  1. I love that quote Sarah and it reminds me of one of the latest GTW posts, to always keep going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what Kendra keeps telling me. (My sister) I will say my writing does improve the more I write

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.