Thursday, November 14, 2013

Some Important Updates

Hello, dear lovely readers!  There have been some new things going on around Inklined lately and I just wanted to make you aware of them.

This is a bit of a long post, so here's what we're talking about, Readers Digest version.

  • Now using only un-copyrighted photos
  • New Blog Banner and Button
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Guest Post Call-Out
  • Six Word Book Reviews
  • Debut Author Spotlights
  • Agent Stalker Saturdays
  • How to Pronounce Inklined

First off, a new pledge.  I recently read a post about copyright and it moved me.  I'm a creator of content.  This is an idea that's been floating around YouTube for a while now, the idea that we're all content creators.

As a content creator, if someone were to use my content without my permission, I would be very frustrated.  Because of this I've decided to not use any images in this blog that I don't have permission to use.  From now on,  all images posted here will be images I own or images published under a Creative Commons license or in the public domain.  (This excludes book covers, as they are used in a promotional way.  I have heard from authors that thy don't mind you using their covers on your blog.  Many welcome it.)

Along with this came the need for a new blog banner, because my old one used pictures that were copyrighted.  I really liked to old banner, so this one is still very similar.  You might not have noticed the change at all.  You still might not see a different.  That's okay.

A few months ago, I made a Pinterest board for Inklined.  I only pin things there that I think you guys would like.  It's mostly links to blog articles on writing and the occasional funny writer meme.  If you want to check it out you can click here.

I also have a Twitter and Google+ account if you want to give those a follow.

I'd really like to change some things around my blog.  Right now, it's kind of a journal of what novel I'm writing at the moment, and while that's interesting to me, my big sister, and my grandma, I doubt post after post of it is interesting to you.

I'd like to focus more on you guys, my lovely readers.  I want to build a community, start a conversation about the things I love a lot, reading and writing.  Because I'd like to get to know you better, I'd love to do one or two guest posts every month.  If that's something you're interested in, leave a comment or e-mail me.

My goal is to post every Monday and at least every other Thursday, with guest posts probably on Thursday.

Also, I recently posted about why I don't like book reviews.  You can read that post here.  But I do like promoting books and giving my brief opinion.  Have you heard of 'six word memoirs?' It's an idea started by Ernest Hemingway (according to literary legend).  I think I'm going to try six word reviews along with how many stars I give the book.  What do you think of that idea?

I'd also really like to bring back both Debut Author Spotlights and Agent Stalker Saturdays.  I think those blog features were some of my best/most helpful posts.

One more thing.  I've seen the name of this blog written all sorts of ways.  Ink Lined, Ink Lined Writers, ect.  My address is Inklinedwriters because Inklined is registered to some blog that hasn't been updated in 9 1/2 years.  The actual name of my blog is Inklined, which is pronounced just like the word "inclined."  Hope that cleared up any confusion.

That's it for now.  I'm really thankful for all my lovely readers!  You guys rock.

Let me know what your favorite kind of content on Inklined is, what you like to see in guest posts, and what you think of the changes?  How have you been pronouncing "Inklined" in your head?  If you want to do a guest post, let me know!


5 comments:

  1. I actually really like the updates you've been doing of late, but the guest posts sound interesting too. What kinds of topics would you prefer to have the guests post about, out of curiosity (and possible interest)?

    I always thought the blog name was pronounced as Ink-lined. As in the two words, just squished together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything that focus on helping writers become better at something, be that social media, writing, or blogging would make a great guest post!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
    2. Ok, thanks! Just wondering!

      Delete
  2. Haha! I always thought it was pronounced Ink-lined too!

    HP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I got that a lot. That's why I wanted to clear it up. :)

      ~Sarah

      Delete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.