Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Book Review: The Girl of Fire and Thorns

Happy Thanksgiving!  Although I hope you're not reading this on thanksgiving.  If you are, close your laptop, turn off your phone, and go organize a friendly game of cards with your family.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  It's definitely my favorite non-religious holiday.  As such, I thought it would be a good day for my first six word book review.  I posted awhile back that I don't like book reviews, but I still love authors and helping good books get out there, so I decided to write six word books reviews for a few books a month.  This is the first one!

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
6 word review by Sarah Faulkner
Among the greatest high-fantasies I've read!

5 out of 5 stars.

I also really appreciated how clean this book was.  If it had been an audio book, it would have been one I wouldn't have minded listening to with my little brothers in the room.

You can by the book on Amazon, B&N, check out the author's website or Twitter, or put the book on your to-read shelf on Goodreads.

Similar titles include The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima and Soulboud, by Heather Brewer, both of which I also recommend.

Happy Thanksgiving/Black Friday.  Have you read The Girl of Fire and Thorns?  What did you think of it?  Are you going Black Friday shopping?  What are some or your favorite Thanksgiving foods or traditions?  Let me know your answers to some or all of those questions
in the comments.

Thanks for reading!


P.S.  NaNoWriMo is still going well.  Hopefully I'll get to 50K soon!

2 comments:

  1. We're not going Black Friday shopping...going to Grandma's :) what is your family doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we never go Black Friday shopping. I'm chilling at my aunts right now, trying to get the last of my NaNo writing in for the day.
      Thanks for reading!
      ~Sarah

      Delete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.