Thursday, December 19, 2013

Book Review: Entwinded

Hope you're having a good week!  It's almost Friday, one step closer to the end of the semester.

My library, along with a bunch of other libraries in my state has an online database where you can download a temporary ebook or audio file.  It's one of my favorite things, because I can read books right when I want to, even if I don't have anything good on hand.

The latest audio book I got was Entwinded by Heather Dixon.  Without further ado, here's my six word review of the book.

Who doesn't love twelve dancing princesses?

4 out of 5 stars.

Buy this book on Amazon, B&N, check out the author's website, or add it to your to-read list on Goodreads!

Similar titles include The Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George and Enchanted by Alethea Kontis.

Have you read Entwined?  What did you think?  If you could sum it up in six words, how would you do it?  Any ideas for a book I should read next?
See you Monday!  Thanks for reading.

9 comments:

  1. Entwined! This is one of my favorite remade fairytales. It (and Princess of the Midnight Ball) inspired me to write my own 12 dancing princesses remake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12 Dancing Princess remakes do seem to be really popular right now.
      Thanks for reading!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  2. Much as I want to read this book (me being a huge fan of fairy-tale retellings), I haven't gotten around to it yet. At the moment, my favorite 12 Dancing Princesses adaptation is THE PRINCESS CURSE by Merrie Haskell, which I highly recommend if you love both fairy tales and Greek mythology, because it's a great blend of both. Oh, and there's herbalism in it as well, which also scores big points with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That books sounds really interesting! I'll have to look into it next time I'm craving a retelling.
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  3. You should totally read Paper Roses 1 next. It such a good mix of romance, mystery, history, and danger. I loved it!

    HP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look into it! Thanks for the suggestion.
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  4. Oh, I loved Entwined! It was personally one of my favorite fairytale retellings!

    Tabby (http://tabbys-corner.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you do blog tags, but I tagged you! http://dreams-dragons.blogspot.com/2013/12/tagged-you-know-youre-writer-when.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I do tags sometimes. Maybe that will be a Christmas post, or something like that.
      ~Sarah

      Delete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.