Dear Past Sarah,
Guess what! Two things. First, this blog reaches 100 followers within 30 months of being launched. So many bloggers don't make it that far, so way to go!
Second, you do finish that first draft of that first novel. And then you finish two other novels and almost finish the fourth. You're writing has gotten a lot better, but it still has a lot of room for improvement.
Here are somethings I've learned in the last few years I feel it important to share with you.
1) Inklined gets a major make-over. I've pretty happy with my blog right now, but looking back on what it used to be makes me toes curls. (If you'd like to see Inklined's old look, click here.) Brighten up Inklined as soon as you can. Make it look less like something an 11 put together using Paint.
2) Pinterest is not just a website for DIY fanatics. Join it and join it as soon as you hear about it.
3) You follow a lot of blogs, but that doesn't mean you read a lot of them. If you find yourself skipping a blogs posts, unfollow it. You'll thank me later when you start to make real connections with cool teen bloggers you wouldn't have found otherwise.
4) Twitter is not just for celebrities and their fans. It's a fantastic website with lots of wonderful opportunities. If you can join and understand it now, you'll be so much better at it when you want to start using it for important things like breaking ice with awesome writers, bloggers, and agents.
5) If someone takes the time to comment, comment back. And don't just comment back, but also take the time to read a blog post or two of theirs.
6) Find 5-10 bloggers that you really love. At least skim every post they write, and comment on at least half of them. Give them shout outs on your blog. E-mail them and tell them you appreciate their blog. Connect with them on Twitter if possible. Be consistent and polite.
7) Start a blog as soon as possible. The sooner you can claim the domain name you want, the better. Plus, you can't improve a blank web page.
Also, keep blogging, keep writing, and keep following God. Be diligent in these things.
|If you do write your own post,|
I'd love for you to be this
picture somewhere in it.