Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Sunshine Award

Thank you so much to Jillian at Covers and Ink for nominating me for The Sunshine Award!  

The "GUIDELINES"
- Thank the person who nominated you. 
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers. 
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog. 
- Put the award button on your blog.


Jillian's Questions:
1. What was your favorite childhood book?
I insisted my Mom read Understood Betsy to me over and over again. It's a long chapter book, but anytime Mom didn't have a new chapter book for us to read, I would pull that one off the bookshelf.

2. What is the #1 most played song on your iPod?
Either Kings and Queens by Audio Adrenaline or Gold by Brit Nicole.

3. If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would be and why?
Jesus Christ, because I feel like I would be a much stronger Christian because of it.

4. What is your spirit animal?
I'm not exactly sure what this means, but I think either a cat or an owl.

5. Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?
Outside of the Bible, it's probably Ben Franklin, "If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead and rotten either write things worth the reading or do things worth the writing."

6. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be and why?
Gen, from the Queen's Thief Series!  I love him so much, and I'd love to know what he'd think of me.

7. What's something most people don't know about you?
I'm a pretty open person, but a lot of people might not know that I love to play ultimate frisbee and soccer. I'm not a very athletic person, so I don't play often and I'm not very good at it, but I do love to play.

8. What is your dream job and why?
I would love to run public relations for the President of the United States, while also being a multi-published author.  (I guess something that most of you guys might not know is that I love politics and would really love to work with them in some way.  I'd love to go to Law school after college.)  Short of that, I'd love to be a freelance social media consultant for companies trying to better engage with their audience.

9. What's at the top of your to-read list?
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas.  Unfortunately, it doesn't come out until September.

10. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
I would love to do a summer tour of Western Europe! The British Isles, France, Spain, Italy, Austria, all the awesome places of Europe!

I'll nominate:
Hannah Mary @ Alainn
Emily Cully @ Parchment Paths
Ana @ Butterflies of the Imagination
Grace M. @ Fictionally

Here are my questions:
1) What is your dream job and why?
2) What is a hobby you have that most people don't know about?
3) If given the choice, what dessert would you eat on your birthday?
4) What fiction book has most impacted your life?
5) Who are 5 of your favorite bloggers or blogs?
6) What is your current favorite song?
7) Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what?
8) If you could have the power of Invisibility, Flight, or Telekinesis, which would you pick?
9) If you could only have one social media site, what would you pick and why?
10) If you had to live somewhere outside your home state for 6 months, where would you chose to live?

That's it, guys!  But now I'm curious; What's your dream job? Why? And if you know what you want to major in at college, what is it? Tell me in comments.

Thanks for reading and have a great week!

9 comments:

  1. Europe, yay! What about the Netherlands? My dream job is either being a translator or an editor, it'd both be great. But I'd love to study linguistics after secondary school, so that's maybe something different ;-)

    arendedewit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being an editor/ agent would be wonderful, too! There are a lot of things I'd like to do with my life, and I think I'd be happy in any of them.
      Thanks for reading!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  2. I like the quote you said was your favorite. *nods* That's a good one.

    My dream job? Published author. I'd love it if I wrote something that sold well enough that I could just live off of that. Buuuuut I'm pretty sure that won't happen. I don't know what I want to major in at college, but it'll probably be communications or English or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my understanding, most authors that make a living off of their books are actually living off the royalties of several books, and maybe the advance of one or two more. So, if you keep publishing books and promote them well, I think full time author is possible!
      Thanks for reading!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  3. That's interesting that you like politics!
    Love "Gold" by Britt Nicole. And I'd really like to take a trip to Europe.

    I have a lot of dream jobs, but the big ones are published author and bookstore owner/librarian. I'm actually going to soon attempt to get an English degree, so I'm sort of excited though most people seem laugh at it and make it seem as if it is useless. I'm determined, though.

    Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister got an English degree, although many people discouraged her. I think as long as you're committed to working in the literary world for your life, and English degree is a great way to start! Good luck, and thanks for reading!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for nominating me! I love Gold too-both the music and the music video! I'm like you in that I would like to have two jobs, one full time job, which I'll explain in my post, and one part time job as a published author. I would love to go to Europe and visit Germany. The only thing that I wouldn't like about that is the plane ride. I can't stand really long plane rides because I get nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't watched Gold's music video until I linked it for this post. It's SO great! I can't wait for your post, and thanks for reading!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  5. Oh you and me both for Heir of Fire. I knoooow I shouldn't wish my life away but HURRY UP SEPTEMBER ALREADY. I do like that quote by Benjamin Franklin, it's really quite inspiring, right?! And I didn't know you were so into politics! That's kind of awesome...I'm seriously one of those people with a very blank face anytime someone mentions politics, but I try to pay attention because it's always helpful for writing research, right?!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.