Monday, July 21, 2014

You Know That Book . . . A Story of Parallels

So . . . you know that series?  The one that's an international bestseller?  The one with a main character who is predestined to be the only one to defeat the Dark Lord?

The one who's family has to go into hiding to protect him?
The one who's family sometimes rejects him?

This character develops supernatural powers at a young age.

When he leaves his home, he immediately begins to draw people to him.



He faces and overcomes many trials presented to him by the Dark Lord.



He must not let pride get the best of him,
although many people worship the ground he walks on.

This series is really long.  It takes people a long time to read the whole thing.


In this series, the main character is often rejected and ridiculed.

Near the end, his closest friend abandons him.

But comes back in time for the climax.

He is betrayed by someone close to him. 

He ultimately faces death to keep others 
(some of whom he doesn't even know)
from dying.

But because he is pure, his death only kills the evil part of him.

He comes back to life, and saves the world from the Dark Lord.

But, of course, not everyone is saved.
Those who allied themselves with the Dark Lord are punished.

Do you think I'm talking about these books?

Nope. You'd be wrong.
And now you might be thinking:

Maybe it is.


But the book I'm talking about is this one.



I'd love to here your thoughts on this.  If you have any questions about what I said, feel free to ask.  In fact, I'd love to here what you say about this post!  Do you see the parallels between the story of Christ and the story of Harry Potter? Obviously I did.

Have a great week!

10 comments:

  1. Well, that was unexpected. But I liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it! Do you have a blog, Kristana? I can't seem to find it. Anyway, thanks for commenting!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
    2. Yes I do…though I'm horrible at posting. :)

      http://words-inmysoul.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. While I love Harry Potter, the Bible is better , being true and all. :) I also aperciate this post becouse I'm watching the second HP moive right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I just watched the third HP movie a weeks ago. And I'm right there with you on the Bible. Harry Potter might have changed you life, but the Bible has the power to change your life!
      Thanks for commenting,
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. Best. Post. Ever. I'm actually not allowed to read the Harry Potter series, so I didn't notice any of the connections, but this is still ingenious. The Bible is such a great book, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bible is fantastic and blows my mind all the time! I'm so glad you liked this post! I'm sorry you're not allowed to read Harry Potter. I understand why parents don't allow it, but it really is a well written book series.
      Thanks for commenting!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  4. I haven't actually read the Harry Potter books (parental ban), but very well done with the connections. *nods*
    BTW, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://dreams-dragons.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-award-once-again.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a parental ban until I was 13, so I kinda feel your pain. And thank you so much for the nomination. Sadly, I did the award in June, so I don't think I'll do it again for a while.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!
      ~Sarah

      Delete
  5. I love this, Sarah! I actually in the past month and a half read the whole series. I want to write a big post going into detail on why I think it's not only OKAY for Christians to read but how it really shows God.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.