Monday, September 8, 2014

How to Fix a Broken Pin in 9 Steps



As a writer head over heals in love with Pinterest, I frequently find Pins that seem interesting to me, only to click them and find no source. Sometimes I want to know who a particular act is or what movie a character inspiration pin is from. Whatever the read, I used to always get annoyed and flustered when clicking a pin didn't lead me anywhere. Then, a few weeks ago I figured out the easiest way to find the source for a Pin on Pinterest, so here it is. Enjoy!







Step 1. Copy the Pin's image URL



Step 2: Go to Google Images and click Search by Image.


Step 3: Paste the URL into the empty field. Click Search by Image


Step 4: Read the website description and discover which one is the website you'd like your pin to link to.


Step 5: Copy the website URL.


Step 6: Return to your broken pin and click Edit.


Step 7: Find the Source field and erase previous source.


Step 8: Paste new URL into Source field.


Step 9: Click Save Changes and you're done!

Hope this post helped you. If you have any questions to confusion or helpful Pinterest tips,leave a comment and let me know!
Happy Pinning.




1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Sarah! I have done this with a couple pins I've found but I definitely pinned it, just today a girl on a facebook group I follow was wondering how. And I'm horrid at explaining things xDD

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.