Thursday, January 29, 2015

Epic Reads Tag || Blogging Rebel

So in case you don't know, Epic Reads is a Youtube channel and website that is basically HaperCollins Teen interactive advertising. On their Youtube channel, they created a tag for Booktubers(basically book bloggers, accept on Youtube so larger audience.)  I saw the tag and thought it looked awesome. But I don't make videos. I have a list of about 7 things I have to have done before I can make a vlog. I haven't completed the items.


So I decided to bring the tag to the book blogging world, because I am a rebel like that.

Epic Reads Book Tag


Question 1
If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?
I would invite Megan Whalen Turner of The Queen's Thief series, and the Queen's Thief himself, Eugenides. I would serve them tea and scones, because I think Gen would  like those, and their easy to eat one handed.

Question 2
What book do you wish the author would write the prequel for?
Maybe the Demon King by Cinda Willians Chima, because I want to know about Han's life on the street. But I gotta be honest, I would love a book about James Potter at Hogwarts too!

Question 3
Which two characters (NOT from the same book) do you think would make a good couple?)
So, I was thinking about characters whose relationships I didn't approve of/love/were single and I thought of Tobias Eaton from the Divergent series and of Simone Lewis from The Mortal Instruments series. So my thinking is, let's set Four up with Izzy Lightwood so that Simone can date either Kath from Fangirl or Luna lovegood from Harry Potter. I think all three of those relationships might have a chance to work out. But if Izzy was too broken for Four, maybe he could date Susan Caraway from Stargirl.


Question 4
If you ran into your favorite author on the subway and only could say one sentence to them who is it and what would it be?
Well, my favorite author is Megan Whalen Turner (hence why I'd invite her for tea.) I think I would say to her, "I'm ready for the Prince of Attolia to be a book."  If you haven't read The Thief, do so now. It is one of the most brilliant books you'll ever read!

Question 5
What book made you a reader and why?
Buy on Amazon
I've always loved novels, but for the longest time, I refused to read, thus limiting myself to my library's audiobook collection. Then I wanted to read Dealing with Dragons. My library had an audiobook, but my sister also owned a hard copy, so I read that. Then I read it again. Then I read the second book in the series. Then I was hooked.

Question 6
Incendio! Your bookshelf just caught fire! What is the one book you would save?
My Personalized, Autographed
Copy of Go Teen Writers!
This is too hard, because there are six.* First I would save my autographed copy Go Teen Writers, which is on my night stand, not my bookshelf, so in the scenario, I would have plenty of time to save it. (We're going to ignore the fact that my nightstand is one of my three bookshelves and houses everything but my non-fiction sections and my fantasy sections, which are big enough for their own shelves.)
Next I would grab my autographed copy of  Allegiant. It is also on my bookshelf/nightstand because I don't count dystopian as sci-fi or fantasy for shelving purposes.
Then I would grab my entire Queen's Thief series, along with their personalized book ends.  That's right. In fifth grade pottery I made bookends specific to my favorite series, and that is how said series is displayed in my bedroom (on top of my "real" bookshelf.)
*It should be noted that my Kindle, while having a place on my bookshelf, is currently in my messenger bag, and so not at risk of burning in a bookshelf fire.


Question 7
Which dystopian world would you want to live in and why?
My original answer was the world of Legend by Marie Lu, because I might survive that one, but then  I wondered if Cinder counted? Because it would totally be Cinder. And then I saw the Unwind books on my Goodreads Five-Star bookshelf (thank goodness that's not the one burning, because then I would need to save ALL THE BOOKS!!) and I thought that would be an interesting world. True, I might get unwound, but I might be able to help get that world back on it's feet, morality wise.

Question 8
What is your most Epic Read of all time?
Buy on Amazon!
Even if you don't read them
they'll look impressive on your shelf.
Okay, for this one I'm going with what book (series-ish) sounds the most epic when I tell people I've read it, and that's Lord of the Rings. Here's a conversation I had this weekend:
Person: Are you a Lord of the Rings fan?
Me; I wouldn't say I'm a Lord of the Rings fan. But I've read all the books. And seen all the movies. And one time I marathoned the extended editions in one day. So . . .  I guess you could say I'm a fan.
Person: *nods and backs away* *slowly*
But I have friends that marathon LoTR every New Years Eve and went to the Hobbit in full costume. Compared to them, I am not a fan.


Tag Some People
I tag
Cait from Paper Fury
Lily from Lily's Notes in the Margins
TW from Ravens and Writing Desks
Sarah from Dreams and Dragons
Brooke Faulkner from Teen Words of Steel
Wild Horse from Opal Swirls or Ravens and Writing Desks

Another of my favorite YouTubers did this tag, so I thought I'd include her video too!


If you want to be tagged, feel free to do it! If I tagged you and you don't want to play, I won't mind (too much.) (One of the biggest problems I face is wanting to use smiley and winky faces inside parenthetical statements and then feeling like I'm giving my face a double chin. ;) ) <--- See what I mean?

What is your most Epic Read? Leave a comment and let me know!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like this tag and I love your choices. (GEN. Gen is awesome.) Thanks for tagging me- I'll get on that as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Thief is on my to-read list, so I'm really glad you liked it. Hopefully I'll enjoy it just as much. YOU HAVE A SIGNED COPY OF THE GO TEEN WRITERS BOOK?!? *flails* I just got the Go Teen Writers book in the mail, and I can't wait to read it. Ooh, I love LOTR, but I like the Hobbit even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tag! James Potter at Hogwarts would be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a fun post, Sarah! I haven't read any of Megan Whalen Turner's books, but I've seen good things about "The queen's Thief" series (so I should probably add them to my TBR list?). And, yes, I understand the struggle of wanting to use a smiley in parenthesis. (:-) ) *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh my GOD YOU DID NOT JUST SINK MY SIMON/ISABELLE SHIP. *glares at you* hehe. okay, okay, each to their own, but they are one of my 249102 OTPs. *nods*
    ANYWAY! YAY! This tag looks fun and thanks so much for tagging me. I don't think anything can beat Margot's though. x) She's hilarious, right?! I LOVE Epicreads so much.
    *whispers* There are so many sucky dystopians out there...ergh, that's going to be the hardest question. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an awesome tag Glad you brought it over to the blogger world :) I might just have to steal it myself!

    When I watched a booktube video of this tag yesterday (it was Sasha Alsberg's) I was thinking about how I would answer each of the questions, and I came up with the EXACT SAME THING AS YOU for Question 4. Queen's Thief fans think alike, I suppose. :O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for tagging me! :)
    I wish I had thought of that! The Battle of Five Armies is still in theaters... *Wicked grin*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Dealing with Dragons, too! You keep throwing out titles I love, like Cinder, or Unwind, or a few others. These are excellent book choices, though, and I have to agree—Lord of the Rings is a pretty epic read. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome, rudeness is not. 'Nough said.